Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sacre bleu!

When I read the headline to this article today, I thought to myself, "You've got to be kidding me!"

Now, I was sure that I must have been hallucinating when Fargo banned smoking from every public building except in totally closed off spaces (not just those ridiculous half-wall dividers like at Perkins). Then I was sure I was in a time warp when the entire state of MN banned smoking in public places INCLUDING bars. Now the outdoors is the only "smoking section."

And you know what, I am totally elated with these new laws. No longer do I need to worry about coming home smelling like an ashtray when I go out with friends to a bar or a bowling alley.

But, something must have froze over, because of all places in the world, PARIS (yes... Paris, France!) also has a smoking ban in public places.

We truly must be in the modern era.

No comments: