Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Crazy Gardener


Tonight I made a quick stop at Holland's Landscape Center just down the street on my way home from work. I was tired of the way my garden was looking... mystery plants growing over the plants I intentionally put there. So, I bought a couple coneflowers and gayfeathers. I've been waiting all season for my purple gayfeather to bloom... but the rabbits like to snack on that plant, so it has been struggling.
I also have a record-breaking sized daylily... I've never seen one this huge before. And it was taking over. So, when Josh got home I had some tasks for him. I had him dig out the daylily, the wild geranium, and the pink flowered mystery plant. Mystery plant met an untimely death. The daylily was divided into three, and relocated. And the wild geranium was divided and relocated.
Last but not least, I now had prime space open for my beautiful new prairie flowers. I put them in and now I am finally very happy with this section of the garden. It now looks like I have been meaning for it to look.
So when I finally finished my gardening adventures for the night (at 9:30) I quick took a picture. Just in case the rabbits ate my garden overnight, at least I had proof of my hard work.

No comments: