Thursday, July 19, 2007

Reflections on a Thursday

It's such a gorgeous day today! And I'm stuck in my cold drab office. Gives me plenty of time to think random thoughts.

Today I was surfing the net and stumbled across some My Space or Facebook (I don't know which) pages of people from my past. Or maybe it is better put past life. It's really fun to see pictures and notes about what people are up to these days, but it also makes me feel awful inside. I'm so out of the loop! It's been so long since I've been in any loop that I might as well be living on a deserted island. I'm lost in the Bermuda Triangle called Fargo/Moorhead. It's so hopeless that people have stopped searching for me, they've written me off like good ol' Amelia. (I found her...she lives next door!)

Rubber cement is a somewhat nasty smell, but it conjures up fond memories of yearbook pages strewn all over the house. Having pizza picnics on the livingroom floor in the middle of the winter because our dining room table was always full of picture clippings and drying pages. Getting to have my pretty face plastered all over my elementary school yearbooks because my mom was the yearbook lady.

I am fairly certain I am being followed by an undercover agent. He wears blue shorts and rides everywhere I go on a bicycle. Sir, if you're reading this, I have found you out. Now tell me what you want to know and leave me alone.

No matter how incredibly busy I am, all I want to do is either take a nap or run screaming out the doors at 3pm. Today it's running screaming out into the sunshine and warmth.

Funnel Cake still makes me want to puke. (I wonder if my blog will get bumped up to a PG rating since I just said puke?) I'm sure to many others it is full of greasy goodness. But to me, it says getting sick after too many rides at Valleyfair. I'm glad I didn't eat cheese curds that day. I would not want to go most of my life disgusted by those magical blobs of batter and cheese.

No comments: