Friday, July 20, 2007

Street Fair

Yesterday was the beginning of the downtown Fargo Street Fair. My Street Fair experience started with First Presbyterian's "Jazz at the Street Fair" out on the steps. We offered free jazz and lemonade and we had an okay turnout. We'll see what today brings. After work, Josh and I went to the Street Fair with Jenny & Brad. We possibly spent the most time in the food area. The cheese curds were good and my chocolate/marshmellow shake was delicious. Josh and I found some cool artists with displays, and some we would like to take home with us if we only had some extra cash. A few extra "Benjamins" would have done the ticket. Anyway, Josh's "favorite" part was when we saw a lady that had two little dogs wearing sunglasses and one had a feather boa. Poor little dogs. Somehow we ended up spending three hours at the fair. Luckily I spent less than $10 total. Just leaves me money to save up for the "Great Minnesotan Get-Together" (actually, "Eat-Together" is more like it) later in August.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hey Niece,
Kari told me you had a blogsite so I thought I'd write to you. This will be a good way to keep up with you. Hope things are going well. You photos are great! How's it going for business?

Have you checked out Kari's blog? It's really fun to see what's going on in your lives. Have a great day and hope we see you next time you're in town. We're always happy to "eat" too.

Laura Caroon said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Karen! Good to hear from you. Business is pretty good...we're starting our busy time soon; we have 5 weddings from the end of August until mid-October. I think blogging is a fun way to see what's going on with people! :)