Monday, July 23, 2007

Some like it hot

It is one heck of a cooker today...it was 101 degrees at 5pm. I saw people in their yards wearing swimsuits. It's not often that people in my neighborhood are walking around in swim attire.

As soon as I got home from work, I took a look at my newly blossoming lilies...and they looked so sad. They seemed to be gasping for water. So, before I even changed out of my work clothes I was out there with the hose, making sure my flowers were watered. Then I was thinking that I must be a little crazy since I was neglecting my own health to make sure the flowers didn't wilt. (True, it is not too physically straining to water plants, but it doesn't take much to get overheated when it's hotter than a sauna outside!)

Since my backyard did not come equipped with a cool, refreshing pool, I think I will stay inside my comfy air conditioned house tonight.

No comments: