Friday, June 22, 2007

Beautiful Tonight

Fridays are pretty fantastic. They're just below Sundays, and a little further below Saturdays, but fantastic none the less. I go to work at 7am during the summer so I can get off work at 1pm on Fridays. Then I have the whole afternoon to do whatever. Today I spent it mostly watering my plants (kind of wishing for some rain to come back...but not quite) hoping that they're not all going to be shriveled up by the time I get back after the weekend. Then I went to the grocery store and spent way too much on food...I've been toying with the idea of getting on some kind of "plan" to get myself in shape, but now I'm on the "plan" to not waste so much money on going out to eat...so on one hand, I want to get healthy foods, but on the other hand, I don't want to punish myself by having nothing that actually tastes good. So I made some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. But I think they're already gone. And no, I did NOT eat them all by myself...I had two others to help me. Actually I'm pretty proud that most of them made it to the oven before they were eaten.
And later, Josh and I went on a very nice walk around the neighborhood. I really enjoy walks (him not so much) and I still haven't explored that much of the new neighborhood. We decided to walk by an elementary school and found some kids at the playground there. We saw the most adorable little girl named Julia who wanted to pet Turbo. Then her mom or grandma honked from the car she was sitting in so she said she had to go. I think that mom/grandma should have been playing with that cute little child instead of making her play all by herself at the park.
It is such a beautiful night...it's getting a little buggy, but other than that it is fabulous. I'm hoping for some more beautiful nights this summer!

No comments: