Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Rain

The past few weeks have been full of rain, rain, and more rain. I think people are getting a little tired of it. But as I sit here to write, I can still feel the dampness from my little walk around the yard in the misty rain. Although rain can be such an annoyance...like when you want to work on any sort of project that involves going outside...it felt wonderful tonight. (I just ignored the mosquitoes.) I walked around looking at my attempt at a garden and felt the warm mist envelop me. It was calm and peaceful...and if it weren't nearing my bedtime, I would have liked to stay out longer.
Though rain can seem like such a nuisance at times, it is really a welcome gift...when it rains, I don't have to remember to water all of my plants. (My hose just doesn't quite reach every corner of my yard, so I actually rely heavily on rain to keep my transplants alive!) And yes, I do agree that too much rain is a bad thing (just ask anyone who lives on the Red River) but I'm deciding to be thankful for rain, and not gripe about it today. (From what I hear, the Farmer's Almanac is predicting a drought this summer...so roll up those pants and jump in some puddles while you can!)

No comments: